Easy and Delicious Kampung Gula Merah Apam

Praise be to Allah, today is the first day of the new year 2023. Oh, by the way, on this new year, don't forget to click on the ads that appear on the blog and also click FOLLOW BLOG okay. Thank you for your support everyone.


Hmm, now that I'm getting older, I don't have many new resolutions. My daily resolution is to improve my deeds to become a more faithful person. I need to reduce my dependence on anyone because in the end, we will have to go alone.


The first activity I usually do on every new year like today is to check the balance of my Bumiputera Amanah Saham (ASB) account to see how much dividend is credited into the account. Hahaha. This year's dividend is quite lower than in previous years.


Therefore, it is better for us to diversify our investments such as in EPF, Cooperative Bank, Tabung Haji, etc. Not just in one place. If there is less dividend, it can be used for a vacation. After all, retirees like me don't receive a monthly pension. We have to spend wisely.


I don't know why I love eating apam so much, especially with grated coconut. Maybe I've been eating this cake since I was a child because it was cheap and filling.


This red sugar village apam cake is also very quick and easy to prepare. So if you don't have much time to prepare a cake for breakfast or afternoon tea, you can make this red sugar village apam.



Traditional Gula Merah Apam


Ingredients A:

1 cup lukewarm water

½ cup gula merah (palm sugar)


Ingredients B:

1 ½ cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

½ pack mauripan yeast - ½ tablespoon



Instructions:


In another bowl, combine ingredients B. Sift ingredients A into ingredients 


Brush some oil onto a steaming tray. Pour the mixture into the tray (Note: do not stir the mixture that has been resting).


Heat the steaming pot until the water boils. Place the tray in the pot and steam for 1 hour 30 minutes or until cooked.


Once it is cooked, cool for a moment and cut it into pieces. Serve with grated coconut mixed with a pinch of salt.


Note:

The grated coconut and salt can be steamed for a moment for added flavor.

Post a Comment

0 Comments