Baked Kelantanese Apam

Many friends have teased me, saying that I already look like someone campaigning for the General Election when they saw a picture of me speaking with a poster of myself in the background. It was just teasing. The picture was taken when I was invited to inaugurate the reopening of Rissmart Container Cafe in Section 9 Risda Selangor Shah Alam.


This 15th General Election will be the first time for me to vote here. In previous General Elections, I went back to my hometown in Kelantan to vote. The candidates for either Parliament or State Assembly are all Malay, only from different political parties.


This time, my family and I, 6 people in total, will vote for Parliament Constituency P107 Sg Buloh. It feels like history for myself to vote in a new place and a new atmosphere with new candidates and political parties. Before, all candidates were Malay, but now there are also non-Malay candidates.


But as a citizen, I will definitely go out to vote. It's sad to see that there are educated Malays in the city who never vote. Do they feel it's low-class to go out and vote?


When choosing a candidate to represent us, choose a candidate who is clean. If there's no one who is clean, choose the one who is less dirty and less harmful. Don't gamble with the future by following your emotions. Instead, follow wise consideration. Don't be biased towards someone without reason.


Don't choose a candidate who openly has corruption cases, court cases, and cases involving ethics. Even if the candidate is acquitted or found not guilty, think for yourself by looking at their court cases. Winning or losing is only a technical matter. If the defense is successful in raising doubt, then the candidate is acquitted.


I believe that every action of ours will be held accountable in the afterlife. Let's not get the sin of voting for a candidate with bad ethics and morality. Especially if they are openly discussed for their criminal cases. That's all for now. Don't judge or criticize. Don't follow your emotions but use your reasoning and consideration and pray that Allah will inspire us to do good things."


The Kelantan baked cake is one of the Kelantan cakes that I like. If I have breakfast and see this cake, I must take it. Delicious with its ginger, onion, tapai and black pepper flavor.


There are various flavors in this cake. Eating it with the grated coconut that is salty and mixed with salt, it is really delicious.


I only make half of the batter like the measurement on the right of each ingredient. And I still get a lot of seeds. Eating just one is already satisfying. So, if there aren't many people who want to eat, making half of the batter like I did is enough.

Let's enjoy the recipe and the preparation method below. Happy trying.


Kelantan's Baked Cake


Ingredient A:

4 ripe plantains  2 plantains

1 cup tapioca flour  ½ cup

2 red onions - 1 red onion

1 inch ginger  ½ inch

200 ml water 100 ml


Ingredient B:

3 cups rice flour  1 ½ cups

¾ cup sugar - ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon

1 small teaspoon of ground black pepper  ½ teaspoon

1 tablespoon yeast  ½ tablespoon


Instructions:

After grinding all ingredients of A, add in ingredients of B. Grind mixture until smooth.

Grease a pan with a little oil. Bake the mixture on the pan like a pancake until slightly crispy. Flip.

Post a Comment

0 Comments